I was born and raised in Del Rio, Texas. Married to Jennifer Torres, DISD Middle School Principal & with a family of four. We are proud to be of service to Dilley ISD and the wonderful students & staff.
My work history includes 36 years of electrical experience, 15 years of jet engine mechanics to include quality control/assurance inspections, and 8 years in the Texas National Guard where my primary MOS was Signal Support Communication Specialist & I was also a certified Combat Medic.
During that time I did training in Fort Hood, Texas, Japan, Germany, and NATO Forces peace keeping mission in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
I take great pride in maintaining our facilities to promote a healthy & safe environment for our employees, staff & students.
My main responsibilities include:
- Facilities, Maintenance, Grounds and Custodian Supervisor/Director
- Overseeing new construction under direct supervision of the DISD Superintendent and Gallagher/Krueger Construction Superintendent
- DISD Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Coordinator
- DISD Asbestos Designated Person (ADP)
- DISD Safety Committee and Crises Management
- Maintenance of facilities
- Maintaining facility fire alarm & fire extinguisher inspections
- Communicating with outside contractors
- Efficient ordering of facility supplies and custodian supplies in accordance with the school’s budget
I’m proud to be a Dilley Wolf and a member of this awesome winning team. I will go above and beyond to get the job done with pride and honor.
Mission/Vision Statement and Goals
DISD Facilities Department is committed in providing pleasant effective service through efficient communication, cooperative teamwork and organized planning to ensure a safe, healthy learning environment.
The DISD Facilities/Maintenance/Grounds/Custodial Staff will provide a safe learning and clean environment for all staff and students.
- Strive to hire quality personnel committed to performing a professional job
- Provide quality training to develop knowledge, safety awareness, and task performance skills and techniques
- Provide quality equipment and supplies to support our program
- Provide opportunities for administration, faculty, students, and community to gain knowledge of supportive roles
- Provide continuous monitoring for quality assurance