My name is Melody Carroll and my job title here at Dilley ISD is Administrative Facilitator. I am involved with many things across the district:
- District Coordinator for School Improvement
- District Testing Coordinator
- District Textbook Coordinator
- Oversee the District Mentoring Program
- Oversee New Staff Orientation
- AVID Elementary District Director
- Elementary Unit Test Creator
- Complete teacher walkthroughs across the district and am a certified T-TESS appraiser
- Dilley ISD Wolf Pride Relay for Life team captain
Member of the following committees:
- District Wide Education Improvement Committee
- School Health Advisory Council
- District Safety Committee
I taught for a total of 22 years: Head Toddler Teacher for 2 years at the Southwest Texas State University Child Development Center, Kindergarten teacher for 2 years at Jones Elementary in Brackettville, 5th grade teacher for 1 year and 3rd grade teacher for 17 years at Dilley Elementary School. I was also the Assistant Principal at the elementary for 5 years.
Dilley is my hometown and I graduated in 1981. My husband is Sean Carroll who is the manager of R & R Implements. I have 4 sons (Mitch, Cody, Dillon, and Brian-my stepson). I am actively involved at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church as an adult catechism teacher, lector, hospitality minister, and am the current Saint Vincent de Paul Society president.
I believe that all children can learn if given the appropriate environment. It is our task as educators to find out how our students learn best. We must set our students up for success.