This past Saturday, the Dilley High School Varsity Girls Powerlifting team competed in Uvalde for their fourth powerlifting meet of the season at Uvalde High School’s Annual 2018 Powerlifting Championship.
Varsity Girls Division:
Wt. Class Division: Name: Total Wt. Lifted: Place:
1. 97 lb. Wt. Class Calysta Reyes Lifted - 470 lbs 3rd
2. 97 lb. Wt. Class Kristal Rodriguez Lifted - 520 lbs 2nd
3. 114 lb. Wt. Class Jaslyn Ochoa Lifted - 545 lbs 1st
4. 114 lb. Wt. Class Alyssa Maldonado Lifted - 500 lbs 2nd
5. 123 lb. Wt. Class Elyssa Aguilar Lifted - 585 lbs 1st
6. 123 lb. Wt. Class Janel Aguilar Lifted - 490 lbs 2nd
7. 132 lb. Wt. Class Alessandra Ruiz Lifted - 855 lbs 1st &
*Best Overall Female Weight Lifter Award
8. 132 lb. Wt. Class Anamarie Rodriguez Lifted - 500 lbs 3rd
9. 148 lb. Wt. Class Mercedes Santos Lifted - 625 lbs 1st
10. 181 lb. Wt. Class Jaden Aranda Lifted - 735 lbs 1st
11. 198 lb. Wt. Class Cheyenne Martinez Lifted - 135 lbs 4th
- Varsity Girls Team: Finished in 1st Place / 58 points winning on tie breaker (5) -1st Place finishes vs. Carrizo Springs (3) - 1st Place finishes.
- -2nd Place: Carrizo Springs-58
- -3rd Place: Uvalde-24
- -4th Place: La Pryor-11
- -5th Place: Del Rio-5
The Dilley High School Varsity Girls and Boys Powerlifting teams will be competing on Saturday, February 17, 2018 at the “2018 Annual Crystal City Powerlifting Championship”. This will be the last Regular Season Meet for Varsity Girls competition before Regionals.